- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2017/2018
- Producer: Vavasour
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.34
- Code: 25553
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This terrific white Wine created by Vavasour is grown in the Awatere Valley area of Marlborough. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Foley Family Vineyards. Vavasour Chardonnay, Awatere Valley is a delicious wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Vavasour, the first winery in the wild and windy Awatere Valley and therefore had first pick of the best-positioned vineyard sites free-draining river gravels. It is one of a limited and elite selection of New Zealand wineries that belong to the Fine Wines of New Zealand program, showcasing the most perfect wines of a given region.The Sauvignon Blanc 2017 won DWWA Global Platinum – Best Sauvignon Blanc in the world; the second time of winning this award.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand