- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Vavasour
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.63
- Code: 25552
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable white wine produced by Vavasour is crafted in the Awatere Valley area of Marlborough. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Foley Family Vineyards. Vavasour Pinot Gris is an inspired wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
Vavasour, the first winery in the wild and windy Awatere Valley and therefore had first pick of the best-positioned vineyard sites free-draining river gravels. It is one of a limited and elite selection of New Zealand wineries that belong to the Fine Wines of New Zealand program, showcasing the most perfect wines of a given region.The Sauvignon Blanc 2017 won DWWA Global Platinum – Best Sauvignon Blanc in the world; the second time of winning this award.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand