- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Australia
- Vintage: 2012/2015
- Producer: Chalk Hill
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £29.49
- Code: 28549
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This wonderful red Wine produced by Chalk Hill is made in the McLaren Vale area of South Australia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in a case of six 75cl bottles, imported by Chalk Hill. Alpha Crucis Winemakers' Series Shiraz from Chalk Hill Wines, McLaren Vale is an interesting wine, made from Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Rich and intense flavours that are perfect for full-flavoured beef and pasta dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Recognised as a 5 star red winery in Halliday’s Wine Companion for the last 6 years, Chalk Hill is small, creating wines of real substance. Hirsch, Winemaker, focuses on producing wines which are pure, balanced and reflective of the vineyards and region they come from. Two of the vineyards are certified organic, the remaining following soon. Chalk Hill first planted Barbera in the region in 1998 and now also have Vermentino, Fiano, Tempranillo and Graciano – all show wonderful potential.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia