- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Central Otago
- Vintage: 2014/2015
- Producer: Ceres
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.61
- Code: 29013
- 2018, Silver Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2018, Gold Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Silver International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Ceres is crafted in Central Otago. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Ceres Wines Ltd. Ceres Pinot Gris, Central Otago is a delicious wine, made from Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
Ceres Wines ( Ceres, the Roman goddess of agriculture) is a tiny artisan producer from Bannockburn in Central Otago. Owned by James and Matt Dicey and father Robin, only about 250 cases of Pinot Noir is produced annually. In 2013, their Composition Pinot Noir 2010 won the coveted International Wine and Spirit Competition Bouchard Finlayson trophy for Pinot Noir. The trophy is awarded to the top Pinot Noir from entries received from around the globe.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand