- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2017/2018
- Producer: Leefield Station
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.60
- Code: 35679
- 2018, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white wine from Leefield Station is made in Marlborough. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Marisco Vineyards Ltd. Leefield Station Pinot Gris is an inviting wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added-sulphites. Juicy and refreshing with delicious white fruit flavours, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
In 2013 the acquisition of the 2,300 hectare Leefield Station property located in the south of the Waihopai Valley, helped to grow the family vineyards and continue Winemaker Brent’s philosophy of controlling his own destiny. This historic farming station, known for its production of quality beef and lamb,is now home to over 650 hectares of vineyard.The vineyards embody a boutique, small-block functionality on a large scale, taking the fresh, vibrant flavours of Marlborough wine to the world.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand