- Type: Red
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Vidal
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.45
- Code: 13482
- 2017, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2017, Bronze International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This excellent red Wine from Vidal is grown in Marlborough. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Vidal Reserve Pinot Noir, Marlborough is an inviting wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Fresh, savoury, berry-fruit flavours that are excellent with light game, wild mushrooms, rich chicken and pork dishes. This a core range wine.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Vidal’s vineyards provide most of the fruit for the Reserve Chardonnay and Gimblett Gravels Syrah. On the 800 hectare flood plain, the vines benefit from longer growing and ripening due to the soil’s ability to retain heat. Dedicated to environmentally friendly and sustainable winemaking, and a founding member of the Living Wine Group. Also a member of Sustainable Winegrowing (NZ) and is BioGro certified, meaning it's accredited to using organic principles.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand