- Type: Red
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Hawke's Bay
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Vidal
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.73
- Code: 13329
- BRONZE (2016) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2018
- SILVER (2015) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2017
- BRONZE (2017) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Vidal in Hawke's Bay. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes. Formed from primarily Shiraz/Syrah grapes, this wine is ethically produced. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Vidal’s vineyards provide most of the fruit for the Reserve Chardonnay and Gimblett Gravels Syrah. On the 800 hectare flood plain, the vines benefit from longer growing and ripening due to the soil’s ability to retain heat. Dedicated to environmentally friendly and sustainable winemaking, and a founding member of the Living Wine Group. Also a member of Sustainable Winegrowing (NZ) and is BioGro certified, meaning it's accredited to using organic principles.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand