- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Vidal
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.27
- Code: 13481
- SILVER (2017) International Wine Challenge 2018
- GOLD (2018) International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Vidal in Marlborough. Herbaceous and zesty, perfect with white fish, asparagus, goats' cheese or dishes with green herbs. Formed from primarily Sauvignon Blanc grapes, this wine is ethically produced. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Vidal’s vineyards provide most of the fruit for the Reserve Chardonnay and Gimblett Gravels Syrah. On the 800 hectare flood plain, the vines benefit from longer growing and ripening due to the soil’s ability to retain heat. Dedicated to environmentally friendly and sustainable winemaking, and a founding member of the Living Wine Group. Also a member of Sustainable Winegrowing (NZ) and is BioGro certified, meaning it's accredited to using organic principles.
The islands here stretch nearly 1,000 miles north to south, and the climate varies from subtropical in Auckland, to positively perishing in the south. 2018 will be remembered by many wineries in here as a year for the record books.Explore New Zealand