- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2018/2019
- Producer: Vidal
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.37
- Code: 13481
- 2018, Gold International Wine Challenge 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This superb white Wine by Vidal is produced in Marlborough. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Hatch Mansfield. Vidal Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough is a delighful wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Herbaceous and zesty, perfect with white fish, asparagus, goats' cheese or dishes with green herbs. This wine is part of our core range.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Vidal’s vineyards provide most of the fruit for the Reserve Chardonnay and Gimblett Gravels Syrah. On the 800 hectare flood plain, the vines benefit from longer growing and ripening due to the soil’s ability to retain heat. Dedicated to environmentally friendly and sustainable winemaking, and a founding member of the Living Wine Group. Also a member of Sustainable Winegrowing (NZ) and is BioGro certified, meaning it's accredited to using organic principles.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand