- Type: Red
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Australia
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: St Hallett
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.58
- Code: 35057
- BRONZE (2015) International Wine Challenge 2018
- SILVER (2015) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
- BRONZE (2105) Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
- SILVER (2015) International Wine Challenge 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by St Hallett in South Australia. Spicy, rich, fruit-driven partner for bold beef and chicken dishes with hot, tangy or fruity dark sauces. It is created with mosty Shiraz/Syrah grapes. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Accolade Wines.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
A Halliday 5 star winery, St Hallett was established by the Lindner family in 1944. Understanding the importance of saving the old vines and focusing on key varieties for the Barossa region, particularly Shiraz whilst building up a deep understanding of the rich tapestry of sites and climates in the Barossa and preserving the integrity of the individual growers’ fruit has always been their philosophy.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia