- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2017/2019
- Producer: Leefield Station
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.57
- Code: 35680
- 2018, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
- 2018, Silver International Wine Challenge 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This superb white Wine from Leefield Station is grown in Marlborough. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Marisco Vineyards Ltd. Leefield Station Sauvignon Blanc is an interesting wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Herbaceous and zesty, perfect with white fish, asparagus, goats' cheese or dishes with green herbs. This a core range wine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
In 2013 the acquisition of the 2,300 hectare Leefield Station property located in the south of the Waihopai Valley, helped to grow the family vineyards and continue Winemaker Brent’s philosophy of controlling his own destiny. This historic farming station, known for its production of quality beef and lamb,is now home to over 650 hectares of vineyard.The vineyards embody a boutique, small-block functionality on a large scale, taking the fresh, vibrant flavours of Marlborough wine to the world.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand