- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicilia
- Vintage: 2013
- Producer: Torre Mora
- Primary grape: Nerello Mascalese
- Secondary grape: Nerello Cappuccio
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.69
- Code: 35789
- 2015, Gold Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine created by Torre Mora is produced in the Etna area of Sicilia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Gestioni Piccini Srl. Torre Mora Scalunera Rosso, Etna is an inspired wine, made with Nerello Mascalese and Nerello Cappuccio grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Fruity red with a note of spice, good with pasta, chicken and spicy dishes.
Nerello Mascalese wines often have a perfume reminiscent of those of the noble wines of Barolo and Burgundy. The grape exhibits a unique blend of mineral like notes with dominant fruity flavours.
- Crushed Gravel
- Dried Cherry
- Dried Thyme
- Orange Zest
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy