- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicilia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Allumea
- Primary grape: Nero d'Avola
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.34
- Code: 38073
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This delightful red wine from Allumea is made in Sicilia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Orion wines. Allumea Organic Nero d'Avola Merlot is a delighful wine, made from Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Nero d'Avola can be made into dense and dark wine that is stored in oak barrels and suitable for aging, or young and fresh wines. Typically has high tannins, medium acid and a strong body.
- Black Cherry
- Black Plum
- Chili Pepper
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy