- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Durbanville
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Durbanville Hills
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.53
- Code: 24648
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Durbanville Hills in Durbanville. A great all-rounder, as good with Mediterranean dishes as with spicy food or a Sunday roast. Formed from primarily Merlot grapes, this wine is ethically produced and vegetarian. You shouldn't find this wine anywhere else, it is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Distell.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Producing contemporary wines while respecting the environment, they are recognised for conforming to the code of fair labour practices introduced by the Wine and Agricultural Industry Ethical Trade Association. The new ethical seal, will be displayed on 12 of their wines, the highest of any South African winery to date. Modelled on South Africa’s sustainability seal, developed to promote awareness of the production integrity followed at every stage of the supply chain.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa