- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Durbanville
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Durbanville Hills
- Primary grape: Pinotage
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.61
- Code: 24504
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine created by Durbanville Hills originates from Durbanville. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Distell. Durbanville Hills Pinotage, Durbanville is an inviting wine, made from Pinotage grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Pinotage and spicy meat dishes - a match made in South Africa.
This grape comes from a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut. It produces concentrated wines with flavours of black and red fruits, spice, leather and chocolate.
- Black Cherry
- Roasted Meat
Producing contemporary wines while respecting the environment, they are recognised for conforming to the code of fair labour practices introduced by the Wine and Agricultural Industry Ethical Trade Association. The new ethical seal, will be displayed on 12 of their wines, the highest of any South African winery to date. Modelled on South Africa’s sustainability seal, developed to promote awareness of the production integrity followed at every stage of the supply chain.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa