- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Venezie
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.06
- Code: 37644
- BRONZE (2015) INTERNATIONAL WINE & SPIRIT COMPETITION 2018
- BRONZE (2014) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Bottega in Veneto. Light and fresh red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or beef. It is created with mosty Merlot grapes. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Bottega SPA.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy