- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Corvina
- Secondary grape: Rondinella
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £31.97
- Code: 31017
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This superb red Wine produced by Bottega originates from the Valpolicella area of Veneto. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Bottega SPA. Amarone della Valpolicella, Bottega is an inviting wine, made with Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Rich, big Amarone is great with equally rich game, lamb and beef dishes.
Corvina is an Italian wine grape that is sometimes also referred to as Corvina Veronese or Cruina. Grown almost entirely within the Veneto region of northeast Italy, with some in Argentina.
- Green Almond
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
- Tart Cherry
Rondinella is an Italian wine grape variety. Grown mostly in the Veneto region of northern Italy. Rondinella almost always appears in wines blended with Corvina.
- Green Almond
- Sour Cherry
- Wild Flowers
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy