- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2014/2015
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Corvina
- Secondary grape: Rondinella
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.29
- Code: 29732
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine produced by Bottega originates from the Valpolicella area of Veneto. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Bottega SPA. Valpolicella Classico, Bottega is an interesting wine, made with Corvina, Rondinella and Molinara grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Light and fresh red, a flexible choice to partner with a range of dishes from simple chicken to spicy lamb or beef.
Corvina is an Italian wine grape that is sometimes also referred to as Corvina Veronese or Cruina. Grown almost entirely within the Veneto region of northeast Italy, with some in Argentina.
- Green Almond
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
- Tart Cherry
Rondinella is an Italian wine grape variety. Grown mostly in the Veneto region of northern Italy. Rondinella almost always appears in wines blended with Corvina.
- Green Almond
- Sour Cherry
- Wild Flowers
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy