- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Bottega
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.25
- Code: 36067
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine produced by Bottega is crafted in Veneto. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Bottega SPA. Bottega Merlot, Trevenize is an inviting wine, made from Merlot grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. 100% committed to sustainability, maintaining a medium long term vision that can lead to concrete results in reducing the impact on the environment. The actions that Bottega take daily have the ambitious objectives that inspired the 17 principles set by the United Nation for sustainable development. They’re inspired every day by these principles, making them guidelines when making every decision. All production phases follow sustainability criteria, preserving the environment for future generations. The company is particularly centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions, chemical usage and recycling waste materials.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
From vineyard to bottle, each moment of creation is monitored with artisan care and detail. Family-owned and led by Sandro Bottega, they produce premium quality, wines, based on: Quality and Typicality, Design and Innovation and Sustainability. Centred on saving water, reducing CO2 emissions and chemicals, and recycling waste materials, their vineyards are grown according to organic principles: use of synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, GMOs and GMO-derived products is forbidden.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy