- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piemonte
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Enrico Serafino
- Primary grape: Arneis
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.92
- Code: 25833
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This super white wine created by Enrico Serafino is made in the Roero area of Piemonte. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark meaning you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Enrico Serafino. Roero Arneis is an interesting wine, made from Cortese grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Delicious bright, herbal notes - excellent with light Mediterranean, salad and seafood dishes..
Arneis has the potential to produce highly perfumed wines with aromas of almonds, apricots, peaches, pears and hops. It is a white wine grape variety from Italy's much-respected Piedmont wine region.
- Raw Almond
- Yellow Apple
Serafino is the oldest winery in the Roero region, based in the same location since1878, with vineyards in the very reputed areas of Langhe, Roero and Monferrato. Serafino manages 60 hectares producing the most important Piemontese wines. Serafino is a respected wine producer of Barolo and Barbaresco therefore is allowed by Law to make the whole winemaking and aging process of both wines in Canale d’Alba (out of Barolo and Barbaresco vinification area).
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy