- Type: White
- Country: Australia
- Region: South Australia
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Petaluma
- Primary grape: Riesling
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £23.96
- Code: 35055
- 2016, Gold Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine created by Petaluma is produced in the Clare Valley area of South Australia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Petaluma Hanlin Hill Riesling, Clare Valley is a flavourful wine, made from Riesling grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Mouth-watering, fresh and citrussy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Riesling, a versatile, aromatic grape variety that can be expected to have good acidity, often residual sugar and light in alcohol. It can be made dry or very sweet. Key characteristics are lime and petroleum on the nose, followed by orange, apple, blossom, passion fruit and honey on the palate.
- Passion Fruit
Petaluma, founded in 1976 by Brian Croser, with the sole objective of producing ultra premium wines through a careful selection of the best sites within a particular Australian region suited to a chosen variety, thus creating the concept of Petaluma’s “Distinguished Vineyards”. A Halliday 5 star winery, Petaluma sources its grapes from carefully selected vineyards in the Adelaide Hills, Piccadilly Valley, Clare Valley and Coonawarra in South Australia.
Australia is at the start of an exciting wine journey. Having been a successful wine growing country with their classic punchy style, we are now seeing more experimentation and diversity, and it's for the better.Explore Australia