- Type: White
- Country: Chile
- Region: Itata Valley
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Luis Felipe Edwards
- Primary grape: Moscatel
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.56
- Code: 39366
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine created by Luis Felipe Edwards is crafted in the Itata Valley. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Luis Felipe Edwards. Luis Felipe Edwards Macerao Orange Wine, Itata is a mouth-watering wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Vineyards are managed with the greatest respect for Chile’s pristine yet fragile environment and are Certified Sustainable by Wines of Chile. Around 50 hectares are currently farmed 100% organically. The drip irrigated vineyards are a source of water during the summer months, sustaining a level of bird, animal and insect diversity that would otherwise not be possible. From 2020 vintage all LFE wines will be vegetarian and vegan-friendly. The family is one of rural Colchagua’s larger employers and supports projects to encourage the workforce to develop and thrive, including a new 150 hectare vineyard in the super-cool Leyda Valley, the closest estate to the Pacific Ocean in Chile. New wines made from dry-grown old vines in Chile’s southern regions of Cauquenes and Itata, including orange wine from Moscatel grapes, are also helping traditional farmers sustain a more profitable way of life.
In 1976, Luis Felipe began nurturing the gnarly old vines that were planted in the 1930s, as well as planting several new grape varieties. Today, under the control of his eldest son, Luis Felipe Jr. the company is now recognised worldwide as one of Chile’s leading producers. With 1,850 hectares of estate vineyards within the Colchagua, Colchagua Costa, Leyda and Maule valleys, Luis Felipe Edwards has grown to become the largest 100% family owned winery in Chile.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile