- Type: White
- Country: Chile
- Region: Leyda Valley
- Vintage: 2012
- Producer: Luis Felipe Edwards
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.62
- Code: 26964
- 2018, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine created by Luis Felipe Edwards originates from the Leyda Valley. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Luis Felipe Edwards. Marea Sauvignon Blanc, Leyda Valley is an inviting wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Deliciously zesty and zippy, makes fish and seafood dishes shine.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
In 1976, Luis Felipe began nurturing the gnarly old vines that were planted in the 1930s, as well as planting several new grape varieties. Today, under the control of his eldest son, Luis Felipe Jr. the company is now recognised worldwide as one of Chile’s leading producers. With 1,850 hectares of estate vineyards within the Colchagua, Colchagua Costa, Leyda and Maule valleys, Luis Felipe Edwards has grown to become the largest 100% family owned winery in Chile.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile