- Type: White
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Atamisque
- Primary grape: Viognier
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.80
- Code: 37470
- 2018, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This delightful white wine created by Atamisque is made in the Tupungato area of Mendoza. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Las Bodegas Ltd. Atamisque Serbal Viognier is a delicious wine, made from Malbec grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. The wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Great with food that has a touch of spice or sweetness to it.
Viognier produces aromatic and sometimes exotic wines, it may be thought of as a variety that offers some the approachable rich body nature of a Chardonnay, but with a more aromatic fruity character of peach and apricot. Now widely planted, almost always dry in style.
“We want to make great wines, we want to be successful, but we don’t want to be big!” Located in San José, Tupungato, Uco Valley, Atamisque has a simple ethos; to make premium wines representative of their unique terroir for people around the world. Their philosophy of quality over quantity, allowing nature to be expressed as simply and honestly as possible has proved highly successful. The grapes are from entirely estate-owned vineyards and these wines are beautiful all year round.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina