- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2017/2018
- Producer: Atamisque
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £12.18
- Code: 28944
- SILVER (2017) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Atamisque in Mendoza. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak. Formed from primarily Malbec grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. Supplied by Las Bodegas.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
“We want to make great wines, we want to be successful, but we don’t want to be big!” Located in San José, Tupungato, Uco Valley, Atamisque has a simple ethos; to make premium wines representative of their unique terroir for people around the world. Their philosophy of quality over quantity, allowing nature to be expressed as simply and honestly as possible has proved highly successful. The grapes are from entirely estate-owned vineyards and these wines are beautiful all year round.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina