- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Stellenbosch
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Kleine Zalze
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £23.05
- Code: 23710
- 2015, Gold Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- 2015, Bronze Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This lovely red Wine created by Kleine Zalze is grown in Stellenbosch. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Hatch Mansfield. Kleine Zalze Family Reserve Shiraz, Stellenbosch is a flavourful wine, made from Shiraz/Syrah grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
The team believe the key to selling wine in the on-trade is to understand how the wine behaves on the floor and owning their own hotel/restaurant gives them opportunity to practise, they can stand alongside Matthew Clark customers and understand their work. Winemaker, Alastair Rimmer, likes the diversity that terroir affords, his focus keenly attuned to the styles of wine that work in various markets, as well as reflecting the unique, intrinsic terroir of the wines he produces
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa