- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Stellenbosch
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Kleine Zalze
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £22.41
- Code: 23710
- GOLD (2015) Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- GOLD (2015) International Wine Challenge 2018
- GOLD (2014) International Wine & Spirit Competition 2018
- BRONZE (2013 and 2015) Decanter World Wine Awards 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Kleine Zalze in Stellenbosch. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes. Formed from primarily Shiraz/Syrah grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Hatch Mansfield.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
The team believe the key to selling wine in the on-trade is to understand how the wine behaves on the floor and owning their own hotel/restaurant gives them opportunity to practise, they can stand alongside Matthew Clark customers and understand their work. Winemaker, Alastair Rimmer, likes the diversity that terroir affords, his focus keenly attuned to the styles of wine that work in various markets, as well as reflecting the unique, intrinsic terroir of the wines he produces
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa