- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Veneto
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Fiorebelli
- Primary grape: Corvina
- Secondary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.10
- Code: 33963
- 2016, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This fabulous red wine created by Fiorebelli originates from Veneto. This wine is exclusively distributed through Matthew Clark. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Orion wines. Fiorebella Rosso Appassimento is an inviting wine, made from Dolcetto grapes. This screwcap wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Adds spice and juicy fruit to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Corvina is an Italian wine grape that is sometimes also referred to as Corvina Veronese or Cruina. Grown almost entirely within the Veneto region of northeast Italy, with some in Argentina.
- Green Almond
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
- Tart Cherry
Once the heartland of the Venetian Republic, the region of Veneto has one of Italy’s richest historical, artistic, cultural, musical and culinary heritages. Veneto is arguably one of most important wine-producing regions in Italy, and many of its wines are known and appreciated all over the world. Tenute Fiorebelli is an award-winning wine range, made by Alessandro Michelon, described as one of Italy’s most innovative and promising winemakers.
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy