- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Salta
- Vintage: 2015
- Producer: Vallisto
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.39
- Code: 37469
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This enjoyable red wine produced by Vallisto is made in Salta. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark so you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Las Bodegas Ltd. Vallisto Malbec is a delicious wine, made with Shiraz/Syrah and Viognier grapes. This cork closed wine is created with added sulphites. Like many wines in our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Relish the heat up when paired with spicy dishes; peps up grilled and roasted beef or lamb dishes.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
A Vallisto, a person from the valley, specifically Cafayate Valley innorthern Argentine province of Salta. Winemaker Pancho Lavaque, a Vallisto, is creating exciting, rare, limited production wines, often from very old vines. He says: “The idea is to express the uniqueness of place, to bottle the vineyard with the minimum of intervention”. Working with organically grown grapes and wild yeasts, with no acidification, enzymes or added nutrients in the soils, this is a rescue mission to savour.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina