- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Salta
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Vallisto
- Primary grape: Criolla
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.72
- Code: 37468
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Vallisto in Salta. Deliciously light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. Formed from primarily Criolla grapes, this wine is vegetarian and vegan friendly. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Las Bodegas.
A Vallisto, a person from the valley, specifically Cafayate Valley innorthern Argentine province of Salta. Winemaker Pancho Lavaque, a Vallisto, is creating exciting, rare, limited production wines, often from very old vines. He says: “The idea is to express the uniqueness of place, to bottle the vineyard with the minimum of intervention”. Working with organically grown grapes and wild yeasts, with no acidification, enzymes or added nutrients in the soils, this is a rescue mission to savour.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina