- Type: Red
- Country: Argentina
- Region: Mendoza
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Puro
- Primary grape: Malbec
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £15.33
- Code: 28941
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This cracking red Wine produced by Puro is crafted in Mendoza. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Las Bodegas Ltd. Puro Organic Malbec, Mendoza is a delighful wine, made from Malbec grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is made following organic practices and created to be suitable for vegan consumers. Relish the heat up when paired with spicy dishes; peps up grilled and roasted beef or lamb dishes.
Malbec is a deeply coloured, intense and tannic, but fruity red. Since Argentina has almost taken it on as its own, it's grown increasingly in popularity. Typically Malbec has flavour characteristics of baked plums, black cherry, violets, sweet spice and sometimes coffee.
- Red Plum
“Our aim is to produce the best organic wines in the world, which is possible in Argentina.” Fresh, compelling, these captivating organic wines are filled with charisma and adventure, paying tribute to the land and culture that defines them; wines of complexity and elegance achieved through simplicity. The wines, made by winemaker Marcelo Pelleriti, after success in Bordeaux, is now plying his stylish trade at Ojo de Vino, working with 100% organic grapes grown at 1,000 metres above sea level.
Blessed with outstanding natural diversity, as well as a real desire to put sustainability at the heart of their winemaking, Argentia remains a committed and naturally exciting wine producing country.Explore Argentina