- Type: Red
- Country: Chile
- Region: Colchagua Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Luis Felipe Edwards
- Primary grape: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.03
- Code: 23048
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Luis Felipe Edwards in Colchagua Valley. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak. Formed from primarily Cabernet Sauvignon grapes, this wine is ethically produced, vegan and vegetarian friendly. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Luis Felipe Edwards.
A full bodied and powerful grape variety with a lot of tannin. It ages very well and like Merlot is bottled as a single varietal or used to give blended wines ‘backbone’ structure and longevity. Classic flavour characteristics include blackcurrant, black cherry, green pepper, chocolate and cedar wood.
- Black Cherry
- Black Currant
- Green Peppercorn
In 1976, Luis Felipe began nurturing the gnarly old vines that were planted in the 1930s, as well as planting several new grape varieties. Today, under the control of his eldest son, Luis Felipe Jr. the company is now recognised worldwide as one of Chile’s leading producers. With 1,850 hectares of estate vineyards within the Colchagua, Colchagua Costa, Leyda and Maule valleys, Luis Felipe Edwards has grown to become the largest 100% family owned winery in Chile.
A viticultural paradise, where vines were introduced by the Spanish in the sixteenth century. A long, narrow country stretching 800 miles from the deserts of the north to the glacial south and it's these valleys and coasts that give the wine its variety.Explore Chile