- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Flagstone
- Primary grape: Pinotage
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.98
- Code: 20645
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This delightful red Wine created by Flagstone is made in the Western Cape. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Accolade Wines. Flagstone Writer's Block Pinotage, Western Cape is an inspired wine, made from Pinotage grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Pinotage and spicy meat dishes - a match made in South Africa.
This grape comes from a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut. It produces concentrated wines with flavours of black and red fruits, spice, leather and chocolate.
- Black Cherry
- Roasted Meat
Award-winning winemaker, Gerhard Swart, is a man in love with the complexities of simplicity. When it comes to wine, Gerhard believes in quality and distinctive character. His love of wine has seen him working across California and France, before returning to South Africa to work on Flagstone. ‘Wine should do a small, simple thing: it should add joy to life. We believe the process is extremely important; handcrafted, balanced wines can contribute joy to a meal, a conversation or even a dream.’
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa