- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2014/2016
- Producer: Flagstone
- Primary grape: Pinotage
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £44.85
- Code: 29005
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This superb red Wine produced by Flagstone is made in the Western Cape. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Accolade Wines. Flagstone Time Manner Place Pinotage Reserve, Breedekloof is an inviting wine, made from Pinotage grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
This grape comes from a crossing of Pinot Noir and Cinsaut. It produces concentrated wines with flavours of black and red fruits, spice, leather and chocolate.
- Black Cherry
- Roasted Meat
Award-winning winemaker, Gerhard Swart, is a man in love with the complexities of simplicity. When it comes to wine, Gerhard believes in quality and distinctive character. His love of wine has seen him working across California and France, before returning to South Africa to work on Flagstone. ‘Wine should do a small, simple thing: it should add joy to life. We believe the process is extremely important; handcrafted, balanced wines can contribute joy to a meal, a conversation or even a dream.’
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa