- Type: Red
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2014/2014
- Producer: Flagstone
- Primary grape: Shiraz/Syrah
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.76
- Code: 20584
- SILVER (2014) INTERNATIONAL WINE CHALLENGE 2018
- SILVER (2014) DECANTER WORLD WINE AWARDS 2018
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Spicy, peppery, warming reds
- Brie de Meaux, creamy blue cheeses e.g. cambozola. Emmenthal, Cheshire. Mature hard cheeses e.g. Cheddar. Munster
- Black pepper, cloves, coriander, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, paprika, rosemary, thyme
- Seared, grilled, roasted, braised game: boar, duck, goose, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb, sausages
- BBQ, bolognese, creambased sauces, lasagna, pepper or chilli sauces to turn up the heat
- Spicy wine intensifies heat with Mexican mole, Tex-Mex or dishes with chipotle peppers, chilli con carne.
- Spicy salads that support meat or spices e.g. red pepper, black bean and sweetcorn. Stuffed aubergine
About the Wine
This red wine is made by Flagstone in Western Cape. Adds spice and juicy fruit, to full-flavoured beef, lamb or game dishes. Formed from primarily Shiraz/Syrah grapes, this wine is ethically produced. Supplied by Accolade Wines.
Shee-rahz / See-rah
The same grape variety, often referred to as Syrah, Old World and Shiraz, New World. It produces deep concentrated wines, full in body, alcohol and tannin. Deep almost opaque purple colour, loads of black fruit and pepper flavours and aromas. When it develops, or is of high quality it often shows notes of leather, spice, smoke and mint.
- Black Plum
- Green Peppercorn
- Milk Chocolate
Award-winning winemaker, Gerhard Swart, is a man in love with the complexities of simplicity. When it comes to wine, Gerhard believes in quality and distinctive character. His love of wine has seen him working across California and France, before returning to South Africa to work on Flagstone. ‘Wine should do a small, simple thing: it should add joy to life. We believe the process is extremely important; handcrafted, balanced wines can contribute joy to a meal, a conversation or even a dream.’
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa