- Type: Red
- Country: England
- Region: Herefordshire
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Sixteen Ridges
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £9.33
- Code: 38989
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Light, bright, fresh reds
- Appenzeller, Brie, chaumes, Cheddar, Cheshire, Gruyère, Morbier, parmesan, Port-Salut. Creamy blue
- Bouillabaisse, cod with pancetta, seared e.g. salmon, sea bass, sea bream, tuna
- Anise, basil, bay leaf, capers, chives, mint, sage, saffron
- Light pork dishes, black pudding, charcuterie, roast chicken, goose, guinea fowl, turkey
- Bolognese, tomato-based sauces e.g. napoletana. Lasagne, spicy sauces e.g. arrabiata, chorizo and paprika
- Spicy, savoury e.g. teriyaki. Light Indian e.g. rogan josh. Jerk chicken or pork, piri-piri
- Smoked and cured-meat salads. Grilled vegetables, olives, ratatouille, mushroom risotto
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine from Sixteen Ridges originates from Hereford. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Sixteen Ridges. By Golly Nouveau! Pinot Noir Early, England is a delicious wine, made with Pinot noir Early and Rondo grapes. This screwcap wine is one of a growing number in our list that can be enjoyed by vegan drinkers.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Sixteen Ridges vineyard was planted in 2007 on an ancient ridge and furrow field. South facing and a natural amphitheatre shape, it enjoys a perfect aspect with excellent shelter. Lift the lid off of the winery, in the historic town of Ledbury, and discover how they strive to challenge convention; an approach which is at the core of entrepreneurial owner Angus, and award-winning winemaker Simon.
The excitement around English wines continues to grow with more area under vine and further investments, not to mention global accolades, year on year. With the call for 'local' ever more apparent to the consumer, now is the time to explore the best our nation's vineyards have to offer.Explore England