- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piemonte
- Vintage: 2012
- Producer: Villa Lanata
- Primary grape: Nebbiolo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £24.63
- Code: 10695
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Sophisticated, polished, complex reds
- Can be very flexible with many cheeses including sheeps’, Morbier, Epoisse, Vacherin, Cheddar
- Lighter examples can work with some richer fish dishes
- Classic French herbs such as parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Spices should complement and not overwhelm the wine
- Game such as duck and boar. Fine cuts of beef. Lean meats such as roe deer or ostrich
- Truffle and wild mushroom, jus with redcurrant or similar fruit, Bourguignonne, Chasseur sauces
- Some wines, with light tannins, will work with lightly-spiced dishes
- Pigeon or duck, walnut and beetroot, smoked- meat salads. Truffle or wild mushroom risotto. Autumn squash
About the Wine
This terrific red Wine from Villa Lanata is produced in the Barolo area of Piemonte. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Fratelli Martini. Barolo, Lo Zoccolaio, Domini Villa Lanata is a flavourful wine, made from Nebbiolo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is available to order online today. Great with rich beef and game dishes including duck and pheasant, especially with wild mushrooms.
Nebbiolo wines can range from pure sugary, fruity flavours to steely, strong flavoured beverages that are characteristic of the cold areas.
- Potting Soil
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy