- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Piemonte
- Vintage: 2012
- Producer: Villa Lanata
- Primary grape: Nebbiolo
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £37.59
- Code: 21850
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This enjoyable red Wine from Villa Lanata is grown in the Barolo area of Piemonte. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Fratelli Martini. Barolo, Cru Ravera Lo Zoccolaio, Domini Villa Lanata is an inspired wine, made from Nebbiolo grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is now available to order via MC Live. Great with rich beef and game dishes including duck and pheasant, especially with wild mushrooms.
Nebbiolo wines can range from pure sugary, fruity flavours to steely, strong flavoured beverages that are characteristic of the cold areas.
- Potting Soil
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy