- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicilia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Allumea
- Primary grape: Grillo
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.82
- Code: 38072
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine from Allumea is crafted in Sicilia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Orion Wines. Allumea Organic Grillo Chardonnay, Sicilia is an interesting wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is made following organic practices and created to be suitable for vegan consumers.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
This white wine grape produces one of the grape varieties and is very well known for the role it plays in the production of Sicilia’s fortified Marsala wine.
- Citrus Blossom
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy