- Type: White
- Country: Italy
- Region: Sicilia
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Allumea
- Primary grape: Grillo
- Secondary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.23
- Code: 38072
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
A white wine made by Allumea. Great with food that has a touch of spice or sweetness to it. Made in Italy from Grillo and Chardonnay grapes, the wine is not only vegetarian and vegan friendly, but organic certified and ethically produced. Supplied by Orion Wines. New to the range as part of our Autumn Release 2019.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
This white wine grape produces one of the grape varieties and is very well known for the role it plays in the production of Sicilia’s fortified Marsala wine.
- Citrus Blossom
From the cool northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Borolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy