- Type: Red
- Country: Italy
- Region: Friuli-Venezia Giulia
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Fantinel
- Primary grape: Merlot
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £8.69
- Code: 33497
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, medium-bodied, fruit-led reds
- Cambozola & other creamy blue cheeses. Camembert, Cheddar, Cheshire, Epoisses, Gouda, parmesan, Reblochon
- Grilled fish with sauce made using similar wine e.g. salmon, sea bass or tuna with a red wine butter sauce
- Coriander, cumin, marjoram, mint, mustard, oregano, paprika, rosemary, sage, thyme
- Chicken, duck, turkey. Light beef or pheasant, dishes. Calves liver, ostrich. Smoked or cured meats, sausages
- Balsamic, BBQ, bolognese, cooked tomato sauces, lasagna, mustard sauce, truffle or wild mushroom sauces
- Moderate to hot Indian e.g. jalfrezi, Madras. Rich Chinese e.g. black bean sauce, Sichuan lamb hot pot. Harissa-spiced lamb
- Smoked and cured-meat salads, Tuscan bean salad. Lentils, roasted vegetables, vegetable risotto, roasted nuts
About the Wine
This excellent red Wine by Fantinel originates from Friuli-Venezia Giulia. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Fantinel. Grave del Friuli Merlot, Borgo Tesis, Fantinel is an inviting wine, made from Merlot grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Good with light Mediterranean dishes with cream, cheese or tomato sauces.
Merlot produces medium bodied, fleshy, juicy wines with round tannins. Often seen as a single varietal, or in a blend with Cabernet Sauvignon to take the hard edges off. Its grown all over the world and commercially one of the most important red grapes in the on-trade.
Fantinel, based in Spilimbergo in the heart of the Friuli region. A family owned winery established in 1969 by Mario ‘Paron’ Fantinel. Guided by the family’s third generation, represented by Marco and Stefano who manage 300 hectares within the two DOC regions of Grave del Friuli and Collio. A green approach has always been important; installation of a photovoltaic system in 2010 is an example. Their commitment towards sustainability has been a cornerstone of their viticulture since 2001.
From the cold northern regions to the sizzling south of Sicily, Italy is a kaleidoscope of colours, flavours, grapes and styles from regions such as Barolo to lesser-known Montefalco and Etna.Explore Italy