- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Robert Mondavi
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.65
- Code: 22816
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine by Robert Mondavi is produced in California. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Constellation Brands Europe. Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Chardonnay, California is an inspired wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
Robert Mondavi,widely considered to be the founding father of Napa Valley’s wine industry, held the philosophy of ‘enriching life through wine’ and has worked tirelessly to promote premium Californian wines, earning him an iconic reputation in the industry. Farming sustainably for years; named as the only wine company in California to receive an IPM Innovator Award in from the California Environmental Protection Agency for their environmentally-friendly pest control systems.
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA