- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2015/2016
- Producer: Whispering Hills
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £6.16
- Code: 24444
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This white wine is made by Whispering Hills in California. Mouth-watering and refreshing with simply prepared seafood, chicken and salads. It is created with mosty Chardonnay grapes. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark. Supplied by Accolade Wines.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
The 2018 vintage was a welcome break for Californian wineries who over the last few years haven't had it easy with whole regions being threatened by the weather. Stereotyped for its big, bodied reds, there is certainly a lot more to the USA.Explore USA