- Type: White
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2017/2019
- Producer: Meiomi
- Primary grape: Chardonnay
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.94
- Code: 31064
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Full-flavoured, nutty, oaked whites
- Some semi-soft cheeses and smoked cheeses work. Production region matches work e.g. Burgundy and Epoisses
- Full-flavoured e.g. monkfish, tuna, turbot. Crab, lobster, paella, rich fish pie, salmon, smoked fish
- Bay leaf, capers, chives, cinnamon, cloves, fennel, ginger, nutmeg, parsley, saffron, sesame, tarragon, thyme, vanilla
- Roast, braised chicken, duck, ham, kidneys, pork, turkey
- Béarnaise, rich butteror cream-based sauces, black truffle, pancetta, pesto, porcini
- Spicy Asian dishes with fresh coconut
- Grilled peppers, onion tart, roasted root vegetables, light and creamy wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Meiomi originates from California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Constellation Brands Europe. Meiomi Chardonnay, Monterey-Sonoma-Santa Barbara is an inspired wine, made from Chardonnay grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. Just perfect with chicken, pork, pastry with rich buttery and creamy sauces.
Chardonnay can produce quality wines in a wide range of climates, with a real varied style. In cool climates like Champagne or Chablis it produces a lean steely wine with pronounced acidity. In warmer climates it develops buttery, honey notes whereas hotter climates, it's richer in body with the flavour of tropical fruits.
- Green Apple
The approach they take is based on a multi-regional blend of grapes grown in the coolest regions, perfect for the varieties, these regions are influenced by the proximity of the cold Pacific Ocean. Chardonnay is constructed to be approachable, balanced and textural with a range of flavours from cool apple to tropical pineapple. The Pinot Noir acquires its texture and structure primarily from Monterey fruit, gains bright red fruit from Sonoma and richer spicier fruit from Santa Barbara.
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA