- Type: White
- Country: New Zealand
- Region: Marlborough
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Waipara Hills
- Primary grape: Sauvignon Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.50
- Code: 28370
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Zesty, herbaceous or aromatic whites
- High-acid cheeses such as goats’ or sheeps’ cheese e.g. crottin de Chavignol, pecorino. Lightly smoked cheese
- Calamari, cerviche. Delicate white fish e.g. sole. Fried with chips, kedgeree, mackerel, shellfish, smoked trout
- Anise, bay leaf, caraway, chervil, coriander, dill, ginger, lemongrass, mint, oregano, parsley, tarragon
- Steamed, braised chicken, pork, veal
- Light creamy herb, fishbased sauces, olive oil or light cream e.g. clam sauce. Apple with less-dry wines, tartare sauce
- Good with Thai dishes (less sweet) and moderately spiced fish and shellfish dishes e.g. fish or chicken tagine, harissa
- Asparagus, avocado, goat’s cheese, smoked-fish salads. Olives, peas, spinach, vegetarian quiches
About the Wine
This enjoyable white Wine produced by Waipara Hills originates from Marlborough. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Waipara Hills Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough is an inspired wine, made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Herbaceous and zesty, perfect with white fish, asparagus, goats' cheese or dishes with green herbs. This wine is now part of our core range.
Sauvignon has boomed in recent years. Its crisp acidity makes it a popular choice as an aperitif or with food. It's an aromatic variety, enjoyed when young, and mostly un-oaked. Produced in a variety of methods in the Old and New World resulting in a light and minerally style to more tropical flavours.
- Green Peppercorn
- Honeydew Melon
- Passion Fruit
Established in 2001, Waipara Hills is based in the picturesque Waipara Valley, just 30 miles north of Christchurch. In a very short time it has developed a fine reputation for crafting wines with rich aromatics, alongside vibrant and complex flavours. The grapes employed to make the Sauvignon Blanc come from both the major sub-regions of Marlborough; the Wairau and Awatere valleys offer complementary fruit, which when combined, produce complex and balanced wines.
Heralded as one of the best vintages of the decade, some might even say ever, 2019 has proved an excellent year for New Zealand winemakers. With optimum weather throughout the year, the wines have great fruit expression, balanced acidity, length and intensity.Explore New Zealand