- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Alsace
- Vintage: 2016/2018
- Producer: Emile Beyer
- Primary grape: Riesling
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £14.18
- Code: 35042
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Dry, refreshing, delicate, light whites
- Very mild-flavoured cheeses e.g. Caerphilly, Cheddar (mild). Cream cheese e.g. ricotta. Feta, halloumi, mozzarella
- Clam chowder, cerviche, haddock, halibut, hake, mussels, oysters, prawns and shrimps, sardines, scallops, sushi, trout
- Basil, chives, dill, fennel, mustard, parsley, saffron, sage, thyme, wasabi
- Light chicken dishes, black pudding, goose, guinea fowl, ham, pork, veal
- Aioli, beurre blanc with lemon, light olive oil and fish-based sauces e.g. marinara. Contrasts well with rich sauces
- The lightest spiced seafood dishes
- Caesar, feta, green, light seafood, niçoise, rocket, tomato and mozzarella, Waldorf salads. Courgette, cucumber, risotto
About the Wine
This superb white Wine produced by Emile Beyer is crafted in Alsace. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, distributed in the UK by Emile Beyer. Riesling Alsace Tradition Organic Emile Beyer is an inviting wine, made from Riesling grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers. Light and refreshing, a mouth-watering partner for salads and seafood. This wine is now part of our core range.
Riesling, a versatile, aromatic grape variety that can be expected to have good acidity, often residual sugar and light in alcohol. It can be made dry or very sweet. Key characteristics are lime and petroleum on the nose, followed by orange, apple, blossom, passion fruit and honey on the palate.
- Passion Fruit
Only deep rooting vines in living soil enable all the subtleties of a wine with a strong identity to be expressed. This is why the Emile Beyer winery believe that a commitment to organic winemaking is essential. The relationship between a wine and the environment that produces it is an intimate one. It’s as much about history and culture as geology and climate. They see the role of a winemaker as being a creator of emotion, revealing in the wine, the essence of its origin.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France