- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Alsace
- Vintage: 2016
- Producer: Emile Beyer
- Primary grape: Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £13.23
- Code: 35039
- Organic Certified
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine created by Emile Beyer is crafted in Alsace. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Emile Beyer. Pinot Gris Alsace Tradition Organic, Emile Beyer is an inviting wine, made from Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris grapes. This wine has a cork closure and is crafted using organic practices and made to be suitable for vegan consumers. Fruit-led with a touch of richness, a good choice forgrilled or roasted chicken and pork dishes.
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Pee-noe Gree-joe / Pee-noe Gree
Pinot Grigio and Pinot Gris are one in the same grape variety, but quite different in style. Pinot Grigio has gained an immense following in the UK, and most hails from north-east Italy, Veneto. It's lighter in style and best drunk young. Pinot Gris tends to have more body and is more vicious in texture.
Only deep rooting vines in living soil enable all the subtleties of a wine with a strong identity to be expressed. This is why the Emile Beyer winery believe that a commitment to organic winemaking is essential. The relationship between a wine and the environment that produces it is an intimate one. It’s as much about history and culture as geology and climate. They see the role of a winemaker as being a creator of emotion, revealing in the wine, the essence of its origin.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France