- Type: Red
- Country: USA
- Region: California
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Meiomi
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £16.94
- Code: 31065
- 2017, Commended Sommelier Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Oaked, intense, concentrated reds
- Full-flavoured and mature cheeses e.g. Cheddar, Cheshire, Edam, Gouda. Manchego, parmesan, Pont l’Évêque
- Bay leaf, black pepper, chives, mint, nutmeg, rosemary, thyme
- Grilled, roasted, seared, braised game: boar, duck, grouse, pheasant, venison. Beef, lamb
- Full-flavoured cream- or cheese-based sauces e.g. parmesan. Intense wild mushroom, casserole or jus sauces
- Some good combinations are possible with spicy foods but careful experimentation is required
- Usually vegetables will be supporting a full-flavoured meat or dominating sauce. Hearty lentil dishes. Rich, wild mushroom dishes
About the Wine
This super red Wine produced by Meiomi is produced in California. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Constellation Brands Europe. Meiomi Pinot Noir, Monterey-Sonoma-Santa Barbara is a delicious wine, made from Pinot Noir grapes. This screwcap wine is now available to order via MC Live. A great choice for rich beef dishes, especially steak.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
The approach they take is based on a multi-regional blend of grapes grown in the coolest regions, perfect for the varieties, these regions are influenced by the proximity of the cold Pacific Ocean. Chardonnay is constructed to be approachable, balanced and textural with a range of flavours from cool apple to tropical pineapple. The Pinot Noir acquires its texture and structure primarily from Monterey fruit, gains bright red fruit from Sonoma and richer spicier fruit from Santa Barbara.
Due to an extended, cooler growing season in 2019, grapes ripened with lower levels of sugar and a higher than average yield. The wines are full flavoured with fresh acidity and superb balance. The USA should not be overlooked for only producing full-bodied, powerful wines - there is so much more to discover beyond the stereotype.Explore USA