- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2016/2017
- Producer: Fish Hoek
- Primary grape: Chenin Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.74
- Code: 20597
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This superb white Wine created by Fish Hoek originates from the Western Cape. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Accolade Wines. Fish Hoek Fairtrade Chenin Blanc, Western Cape is an inspired wine, made from Chenin Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is available to order online today. Brilliant with roasted pork, vegetable dishes and creamy sauces.
This great little grape is so diverse, it is capable of producing a broad range of wines from dry to very sweet and sparkling. It has a high acidity, can age very well, and makes a fantastic food wine.
- Passion Fruit
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa