- Type: White
- Country: South Africa
- Region: Western Cape
- Vintage: 2019
- Producer: Nederburg
- Primary grape: Chenin Blanc
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £7.52
- Code: 29101
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine produced by Nederburg is grown in the Western Cape. This wine is exclusive to Matthew Clark, you won't find it at multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, imported by Distell. Nederburg The Manor Chenin Blanc, Western Cape is a mouth-watering wine, made from Chenin Blanc grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
This great little grape is so diverse, it is capable of producing a broad range of wines from dry to very sweet and sparkling. It has a high acidity, can age very well, and makes a fantastic food wine.
- Passion Fruit
Nederburg is South Africa’s most decorated name in wine, with more prizes and accolades than any other winery in South Africa including, Platter’s Winery of the year, 2017, number 36 for Drinks International ‘Worlds Most Admired Brands’ and in 2016, won International Wine & Spirit Competition South African Wine Producer of the Year trophy for the second time in four years. Nederburg is heavily involved in sustainability projects and WIETA accredited, promoting ethical trade in the wine industry.
A whole generation of enthusiastic, young winemakers are crafting amazing wines on incredible sites whilst putting sustainability high on their agenda, making the South African wine industry progressive and exciting.Explore South Africa