- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: Rhône Valley
- Vintage: 2017
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Roussanne
- Secondary grape: Marsanne
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £17.62
- Code: 24475
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This lovely white Wine from Jean-Luc Colombo is grown in the Crozes-Hermitage area of the Rhône Valley. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Crozes-Hermitage Blanc, Les Gravières, Jean-Luc Colombo is a delicious wine, made with Roussanne and Marsanne grapes. This wine has a cork closure and, like many wines on our list, this wine is suitable for vegan diets. Wonderful fruit-driven flavours for rich seafood, tasty chicken or spicy pork dishes.
This wine grape is considered the most popular variety of white wine grape planted in the region of Northern Rhone. It possesses a number of rich qualities with rich textures and an enhancing flavour.
- Mandarin Orange
This grape is originally from France, more commonly from the south of the country. It produced full-bodied wines with high acidity characterised by herbal, tea-like, honey and pear aromas.
- Meyer Lemon
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France