- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: France
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Picpoul
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £10.84
- Code: 28224
The product and allergen information provided has been supplied by the producer/manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information. Although the information provided is correct at the time of publication, to ensure that you have the most up to date information please read the product label on delivery.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This fabulous white Wine produced by Jean-Luc Colombo is crafted in the Pinet area of Languedoc-Roussillon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Picpoul de Pinet, Les Girelles, Jean-Luc Colombo is an interesting wine, made from Picpoul grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is good for vegetarian drinkers. Citrussy, with delicious ripe fruit, great with fish and other seafood dishes.
Picpoul grapes produce a full-bodied white wines with herbal and citrus aromas. Its also get a soft taste and delicate nose with pleasant traits of acacia, hawthorn blossom.
- Citrus Blossom
- Green Apple
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Following on from a fantastic vintage the year before, French vineyards endured a mixed bag of weather conditions in the early part of the growing season followed by a long, hot summer which produced some memorable wines, even to rival to the excellence of the previous year.Explore France