- Type: White
- Country: France
- Region: France
- Vintage: 2018
- Producer: Jean-Luc Colombo
- Primary grape: Picpoul
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £11.00
- Code: 28224
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
Juicy, fruit-driven, ripe whites
- Fruity nature makes these flexible with many cheeses. Semi-soft cheeses e.g. Brie, Camembert. Chaumes, Cheddar, Comte
- Firm white fish grilled, seared, baked or casseroled. Fish cakes, paella, salmon, scallops, sea bass, sea bream
- Basil, coriander, cumin, ginger, lemongrass, mustard, tarragon
- Grilled, braised, roast, seared white meats: chicken, pork, turkey, veal. Duck, gammon, goose
- BBQ, chestnut sauce, fish-based sauces, creamy sauces e.g. carbonara, hollandaise, parsley sauce, pesto
- Thai dishes (sweeter). Chinese (Cantonese). Mild or creamy Indian dishes e.g. chicken korma, tandoori fish, red-lentil dahl
- Caesar, chicken, egg, fish or seafood salad. Carrot, endive, leek, lentils, onion tart, parsnip, sweetcorn, risotto
About the Wine
This terrific white wine by Jean-Luc Colombo is produced in the Pinet area of Languedoc-Roussillon. You won't find this wine stocked in multiple retailers. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Hatch Mansfield. Les Girelles Les Girelles Picpoul de Pinet is an interesting wine, made from Grenache grapes. This screwcap wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. Citrussy, with delicious ripe fruit, great with fish and other seafood dishes.
Picpoul grapes produce a full-bodied white wines with herbal and citrus aromas. Its also get a soft taste and delicate nose with pleasant traits of acacia, hawthorn blossom.
- Citrus Blossom
- Green Apple
In just a few years Jean-Luc Colombo has gone from buying his first vineyard in Cornas to being one of the region’s top winemakers. A dynamic food and wine lover, Jean-Luc’s passions are to create wines that give people pleasure, and for each glass to be remembered for its statement of quality. He has been awarded the prestigious Légion d’Honneur award and the winery has been named as one of the top 100 in the world by Wine & Spirit Magazine. Working in harmony with nature is of huge importance.
Most of France enjoyed a long, glorious warm summer, which set wineries up for a great 2018 vintage. A welcome relief from the previous one which was the smallest since World War II.Explore France