- Type: Sparkling Wine White
- Country: England
- Region: England
- Vintage: NV
- Producer: Louis Pommery
- Primary grape: Pinot Noir
- Secondary grape: Pinot Meunier
- Bottle size: 75cl
- List price: £36.96
- Code: 37717
- NV, Silver Decanter World Wine Awards 2019
The Product and Allergen information provided has been supplied by the Producer/Manufacturer of the products. Matthew Clark gives no warranty or reliance as to the accuracy of the information and anyone relying upon and/or using the information should satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of such information.
White sparkling wines
- Cheese soufflés. Mildly flavourful cheeses such as Caerphilly and washed-rind cheeses such as Reblochon, Langres. Try cava with Manchego
- Fish and chips, white fish such as cod, turbot, monkfish or sole. Oysters, lobster and crab
- Salty meats, charcuterie, ham. White meats with light sauces, light chicken dishes, aromatic crispy duck and pizza
- Richer sparkling wines pair with rich, creamy sauces, hollandaise. Truffle oil, light creamy herb, fish-based sauces.
- Chardonnay-dominated wines can pair with kebab and light Thai foods. Richer wines such as cava can stand up to Indian spice
- Mushrooms, artichokes, asparagus, chanterelle salads, carpaccio, egg or seafood salad
About the Wine
This superb white Sparkling wine from Louis Pommery is made in England. Available in 75cl bottles, supplied by Vranken Pommery. Louis Pommery England Sparkling is a delighful wine, made with Chardonnay, Pinot Blanc/Bianco and Pinot Noir grapes. This cork closed wine is made with added suplhites but is suitable for vegetarian drinkers. A wonderful accompaniment to seafood or canapés featuring duck or beetroot.
A temperamental thin skinned grape and difficult to grow, when produced of any quality it demands high prices. The thin skin means it's very light in colour body and tannin, it characteristically has searing acidity and full lingering flavours of raspberry, strawberry, cherry, violets and sweet spice.
Pommery is the first major French Champagne house to release an English Sparkling wine. Vranken Pommery has started it’s ‘English journey’ by creating an English Sparkling wine using the French Champagne making expertise of head wine-maker Clement Pierlot. It started planting vines in 2017 on Pinglestone Vineyard, with perfect ‘terroir’ of chalk subsoil, the principal grapes of Champagne, Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier will be grown here but it is Chardonnay that will be predominant in the blend.
Our national vineyards are growing and thriving and this is an exciting time for the burgeoning industry with 2018 being a record year and forecasts set to grow to production of 40 million bottles by 2040.Explore England